Skip to main content

My sister, the artist


Today's blog is about nail polish. (take a deep breath, boys.  I'll keep it short.)

My younger sister hasn't taken much interest in video games, like my brother and I have.  She also dislikes being an over-achiever in school (like my brother an I are), and she's an all around athlete (so unlike us).  
She still gets good grades, and plays video games once in awhile on the Wii, but she genuinely loves crafts.  
Oh yeah...she can cook better than me too.


She's a genius at artsy things.  
She'll make her own headbands, make her own feather chains to put in her hair, draw clever pictures for birthday cards, scrapbook like a pro...If it's crafty, she will learn it--and be good at it.

One of these crafty passions she's in at the moment involves painting her nails.  And it's not just the boring one-color paint job like I do on mine:
My nails: a suspicious shade of lime green I was gifted for Christmas.
Thank goodness it's all chipped off now.

No, she goes all out with her (my!) fancy nail polish pens, and makes things like this:

yeah, those are christmas lights.



Or this:

Winnie the Pooh & Friends

It's disgusting how good she is at it.

Now, granted, she gets her inspiration from other people who do their nails and post the designs online, but for the most part, she has to improvise because everyone's nails are different shapes.  I think she's amazing at it--and I don't even count the fact that she's only 13!

Anyway, I've been telling her that I'm going to put her nails up on my blog, so she has to do them more often...I can't wait to see what she'll come up with.  Besides, if you guys like them, I can pass on the compliments to her and she can let them go to her head.  =)

<3 you Kae!

Comments

  1. those nails are stupidly well done. wow. and what a lovely post :) I liked the length and the pictures and stuff

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister and I were so alike on so many things (both Sagittarius) but every now and then she will just blow me away with some new talent. It looks like your sister has managed to find what she's good at by 13, which is awesome.

    I love the nails! If she ever comes up here I will pay her to do mine!
    -Kacie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yeah? I'll be sure to let her know she's got business. =)

      Delete
  3. Wow! Those are incredible. She might have a career in brain surgery, with such a steady hand....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? We're trying to figure out what she'll grow up to be (secretly of course). We joke that she'll be the engineer in the family, because my brother and I started off loving mechanics and robotics, but ended up in the arts. She's opposite us, so it makes sense that she'll be the artsy one who ends up in science. =)

      Delete
  4. I love these! Nail polish, like make-up, is something I am not very good at myself, but I love to watch other girls do what I cannot. Tell your sister she's very talented!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you on the nail polish and make-up fail. =P I can manage on my own face with some nude colors, but honestly, that's definitely an art. =)

      I'll let her know you like her stuff!

      Delete

Post a Comment