Skip to main content

Sunday Scribbles: Breasts, Boats, and Fried Whales

Happy Sunday everyone!  It's been a week since I drew my chubby Kidney Man, and I haven't posted like I promised.  So today you'll get a double dose of Sunday Scribbles!

I had to do some fancy stuff with the flash on
my point and shoot to get rid of the nasty reflection.

Drawing inspiration from my classmate Maddie's blog on the body, I've sort of become fascinated with learning how to draw boobs (breasts? I never know what to call them.)
That's right, Maddie, you had better do a blog on breasts.  =)


I've never really been great at managing to draw spheres.  The shading/lighting really throws me off.  So one night I decided to see if I could copy one of the paintings I have up in my room.

"Butterfly Tattoo", by Amy Brown.




Obviously, fairies don't have nipples,
so I had to make her human.


The interesting thing about Butterfly Tattoo is that whenever people come over and see her, their biggest problem is not that she's naked...but that she doesn't have nipples. 



So, I gave her some.



And, I clearly have a long way to go.



So after I got tired of failing at drawing the pear-shaped things on a woman's chest (there were several drafts that weren't very pretty), I doodled some other things while I was watching my sister's basketball game last weekend.  

Here they are:
The one thing I know how to draw well is a sunset.  =)


Ask me.  I dare you.  


Happy Sunday, everyone!

Comments

  1. Why fried whale? Please explain and draw dragons. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dragons are on the horizon...It may be awhile, though. =)
      As for the fried whale:

      See that picture with the sailboat? I drew that first. I turned that setting sun into a hilariously fat whale at least twice, complete with a bolt of lightning coming down from the clouds.
      The shape of the sun reminded me of the whale-shaped goldfish--I don't know what they're called. Either way, that sun ended up with a stumpy tail that was evolutionarily useless for how big its body was, and a tiny little blowhole that I anchored the bolt of lightning in.
      So while I was playing with the lightning, my mom looked over and muttered something about fried whale. As I was erasing it to return to the nice sunset, I laughed and said "I'll show you fried whale!"
      The next picture is what I ended up with. =P

      Delete
  2. That last comment was me, Erin Lydin. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaha, I don't mean to laugh at you're drawings (seriously, I have NO skill whatsoever), but your self awareness about the misplaced nipples makes it okay to laugh, right?

    You'll get there! and I love the fried whale!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes. Feel free to laugh. =) I have one that's much, much worse, and didn't make the cut at all, and that was my first attempt, from memory. In that one, the boobs essentially looked like bruised pectorals on a very masculine-looking female. Maybe I'll post it someday...as a sort of "Outtakes" post.

      Delete

Post a Comment