Skip to main content

Update: School is in Session


So...I don't know if you've noticed, but I've become rather irregular in my posting.  (yes, I've missed two whole Florence Fridays in a row! Shameful.)  But it's hard when you get so many priorities you can't think straight, and I think that's where I'm at right now.


This quarter is going to be a busy one--I can already tell.

  • I'm taking classes from two of the toughest graders I've ever taken classes from, but I think they're among my top 3 favorite professors here.  Editing and Publishing with Kate Trueblood, and Multigenre Dream Writing with Bruce Beasley.  They make up 10 of my final 15 credits.

  • I'm also the new Outreach Intern for The Old Foundry, and Shadi will doubtless keep me very busy.  Knowing me, I'm going to volunteer for extra projects in my internship class, just so I can gain as many skills as I can in one quarter.  I wouldn't put it past me to turn this 5 credit class into a 10 credit class.

  • I'm still on the publishing team at the Young Writer's Studio, and I just got an email informing me of another book project I'll have to help edit and layout.  It doesn't matter that it's entirely voluntary.  I'll say yes just for the opportunity.  

  • It's also my final quarter for intramural volleyball, and I'm not sure if I have time...but I'll miss it if I don't make time to play.  =/

  • The pressure is on me this quarter to get EXCELLENT grades (I'm talking a 4.0, people), because if I get high enough grades, I can still manage to graduate with cum laude honors in my department.    I have a history of perfectionism, and I think if I'll regret anything about college, it's probably going to be that I didn't apply to the honor's program, and that I slacked off during my first year.  I've been working my butt off ever since then to get my GPA back up where it ought to be.  And if cum laude honors is within my grasp, you bet I'm going to reach for it with everything I've got.  =)

  • And finally, I'm going to be working at least 9 hours a week--maybe 12 if I can swing it. 

  • Oh, and did I mention I'm looking for post-graduation jobs, too?
Meet Max.
He's worried about me, too.

*BIG breath*

I guess I'm just warning you that my posts will probably become more infrequent for about 10 weeks.  

Wish me luck.  At least my dream writing class will ensure that I sleep at least a little bit.  =P


P.S.  I read in one of my books last quarter that you can be addicted to stress.  I guess we'll see how addicted I actually am.  (probably a lot, since I haven't done tomorrow's homework yet, and spent the entire day playing Oblivion.  Oh well, bedtime.  Gotta leave time to dream!)

Comments

  1. busy bee ashwee.
    don't worry.
    be happy, max.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never seen Max happy. No matter how you squeeze him, he usually just looks crazier. That's helpful. I'll know I'm in trouble when I look crazier than him. =P

      Delete
  2. I know all about that addicted to stress thing...sigh. At least we're kind of all in it together, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. =) it's productive stress...I hope. I should really not put off the reading for dream writing. =/

      Delete
  3. You'll make it! Just take a deep breath and enjoy it every once in a while, you'll miss it once you're done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. have no fear, I am enjoying myself. =) I think that's why I continually volunteer for things.
      I'm just terrified I'm not going to be able to do it all! I know I'm going to miss it...I think that's why I'm cramming it all in. Finchy, I don't want to be a grown up. =(

      Delete
  4. Golly, good luck :) nice to see you're still finding time to blog as well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Jack. I actually was considering taking graphic novels in addition to all of this and attempt a 20 credit quarter, but I choose life. =P
      I hope you're enjoying the class! I'm sorry I didn't get to take it.

      And yes...I feel like blogging has turned into a habit, and I feel bad when i don't do it. >.<

      Delete
  5. Yay!I'm glad you're still here too =]

    What GPA do you need to get Cum Laude? I doubt I'll acheive it but I'm curious now!

    Also, my final 15 credits has been challenging and my work hours have been increasing, so I understand how you feel in the stress department. See ya June 9!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. =) I lurked plurk the other day and saw one of yours that was asking for other blogs that were still alive and I toyed with the idea of answering...

      And then I lurked your Cute Wednesday about your mom getting a twitter and really wanted to comment, but couldn't think of a good name! So I eventually closed the window without commenting. >.<
      I will...once I think of something clever and witty.

      and my stress has fluctuated a lot since I wrote this. I think I'm doing way more...and I'm even thinking of helping Cirque link and resource his wikibook.
      I haven't even registered for the graduation ceremony yet and the deadline is May 4th. =(

      BUT THIS QUARTER HAS ME SO PUMPED!
      I'm learning so much! and I lovelovelove my classes. =)

      Delete
    2. and it's 3.88 for magna cum laude, and 3.76 for cum laude.

      Actually, now that I think about it, I may not be able to get it...hmm...

      Delete

Post a Comment