Skip to main content

Florence Friday: Hot Dog Pizzas.

As requested, I'm going to make an attempt at bringing Florence Friday back. I was running out of pictures and the energy to research more, so I just let myself fall out of it. Unfortunately, I lost a good chunk of you dear readers, and I want to bring you back too!

In the last few weeks, I heard a story about a woman from Milan who was visiting the States. When she was asked what her favorite Italian food was, she kinda squirmed a little and said, "Well, I'm from Milan. We're right on the border. But I actually really like pizza."

"Great!" we said. "What kind?"

And here, she sort of blushed a little and said, "Well...being so close to the border of Switzerland and Austria and all...you're going to think this is weird, but, my favorite pizza has hot dogs on it."



Yep. The exotic Milan woman likes HOT DOG PIZZA.


I couldn't believe it. So, like any good internet fiend, I turned to my good friend GOOgle(images).


You have to be careful what you type into Google images...if you have safe search turned off, you never know what you're going to get. It's like a less pervy version of chat roulette!


I was safe, though. "Hot dog" + "Milan" + "pizza" didn't give me any nasty results. I may have my personalized search cookies to thank for that one. (Ah, finally something personalized search is inadvertently good for!)


BAM. it exists.

That's food fusion for you.


So, I guess I'll be hitting up Milan to try this pizza. I mean, I was headed there anyway. If being a fashion capital isn't enough...maybe the fact that Alfa Romeo headquarters USED to be there should be enough excuse to get me exploring.


Here's to my first -- and hopefully only -- restart to Florence Friday.
Happy Hotdogpizzafriday, everyone.  =)
Good Night!

Comments

  1. holy firenze. where can i find this in the states?
    it's like a pigs in a blanket + pizza orgy. oh yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pizza Hut...apparently.

    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504763_162-57412379-10391704/pizza-hut-unveils-hot-dog-stuffed-crust-pizza-burger-king-offers-bacon-sundae/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. I saw this and could not stop laughing. Get your voice out of my head! =)

      Delete

Post a Comment