Skip to main content

My Sister's Nails: ep 2

The time has come again for another post about my brilliant sister's artistic nail talents. The other ones I had about her were some of my more popular posts, so I guess I'll give you more of what you want.


You would not believe how many times Kae has painted her nails since my last post about her nail designs....pretty much every week, people.  Yeesh.



Also, I think our --- her --- nail polish collection has doubled just over the summer. We even threw out a bunch of my super old colors.  On average, I'd say she buys a new color every week (that's factoring in the weeks she doesn't buy one AND the weeks she decides to splurge on multiple). It doesn't help that I'm home, either. I just give her more opportunities to spend money. You should have seen her face when I handed her two coupons for nail polish the other day.





Her new thing now is the super thin brushes that you -- assuming your hand doesn't shake like an old lady -- can use to create thin, straight lines. These brushes are thinner than the nail art pens she uses sometimes, and the paint flows much smoother (not so gloopy or thick when it gets on the nail).


The brush is like
FOUR BRISTLES THICK!

Here's a little taste of what the not-so-little girl has been up to. (I debated on giving these all to you now, or gradually over time...I figure a nail-polish binge is the appropriate method for catching up.)

 neon stripes.



Our first attempt after learning
the "tape technique" of french tips.
This was an addition to those french
tips to make them look a little neater.

The design for her birthday.


The ones on the left are cousin Rhissa's,
and my sister's are on the right.
Kaela did both.

Kaela's, Rhemy's & Rhissa's manicures...by Kaela.
I think she did Grandma's that day, too.  =P

I like these ones.  They're classy and super cute.

That's right...my sister did those.  =)

These are her latest.  "Braided".
They look super complicated to me, but she did them during our garage sale.

So who thinks my sister is amazing? She needs a confidence booster, so comments on this post would be super nice, guys.  =)
Also, my mom and I are wondering what you think of the choice of silver on the braided nail set. Think she should have gone with a different color for the normal nails (out of those three), or is it good how it is?  

Happy Saturday, and thanks for the nails pics, Kae. Thanks for being pretty much the best sister ever. =) 
Love you!


Comments