Skip to main content

Florence Friday: The Aeolian Islands

You know, it's pretty impressive when you can manage to create a 7 letter word with 5 vowels in it. I don't know about you, but many-voweled words remind me of lost lands in fantasy stories where magic still exists and mystical creatures thrive.

I'm probably wrong about this, but I can't be proven wrong until I see for myself. I must visit the Aeolian Islands to find a dragon. or a will-o-the-wisp. or a wizard. or beautiful elusive maidens washing their hair in waterfalls or something.

Or maybe I just want to go because of this:



and this:




and this:




So....it's true they're the touristy islands. They're the hot vacation spots. But I think next friday I'll go into more detail about which island holds which secrets...should be fun.  =)
But I feel bad for making you read so much yesterday, so this post is strictly for looking. Happy Florence Friday!

Comments